Sharon Monahan - Site Succor Design, LLC

Septic Designer

NH Licensed

Wetland Scientist

Septic Design Plans
Shoreland Permits
Wetland Permits
Land Records Research
3 Central Street
Peterborough, NH 03458


Wetland Scientist Services

  • Wetland Delineations
  • Wetland Permits and Plans
  • Shoreland Permits and Plans
  • Wetland Assessments
  • Mitigation
  • Wetland Restoration
  • Wetland Violation Remediation

When do I need a Wetland Scientist?

  • Whenever a State or Local regulation specifies that "the wetlands be delineated."
    Only a certified wetland scientist may delineate wetlands.
  • Wetlands need to be delineated for any subdivision of land or any project that will involve construction and excavation in or near wetlands.


  When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
- Aldo Leopold


  • Restrictions exist for the dredge and fill of wetlands and require a State permit. (RSA 482-A). This includes culvert installations and fills for driveways and access ways, dredging a pond, and putting up a retaining wall along a lakefront property. If dredge or fill of a wetland can be avoided, it will not be permitted. Wetlands are not allowed to be filled for lot development or creating buildable land. If they are, wetland mitigation must be proposed which is very costly.
  • A homeowner may need to have the wetlands delineated on their property prior to erecting a shed or a garage or an addition to their house because most towns have restrictions or "setbacks" from wetlands.
  • State Shoreland Permits are required for any construction or excavation within 250' of public waters (RSA 483-B). This includes restrictions on tree cutting, amount of impervious surface area allowed, and structure setbacks from the high water line. Most people don't consider their driveways, a retaining wall, a patio, a deck, a gazebo, a shed, or their septic system a structure, but it is.

"Sharon has been a pleasure to work with. I first hired her several years ago to flag and map wetlands for me for a construction project in Peterborough. She was delightful to work with, very professional, knows all the State DES rules and regulations, and met the aggressive deadline I had at that time. I have since hired her for numerous different projects over the years - additional wetlands mapping, and she has also represented me during town hearings for permitting. Sharon also provides very reasonable prices and excellent value - I will definitely be hiring her for future projects!"

A. Garland
Peterborough, NH
More Testimonials
  • Due to the complexities of RSA 482-A and RSA 483-B and the requirement to provide detailed plans to insure compliance with State regulations prior to being issued a permit, homeowners often hire wetland scientists to prepare the plans and permit applications.
  • Homeowners and landowners will also hire a wetland scientist as their agent when seeking a local variance, special exception, or conditional use permit from municipal ordinances involving wetlands.
  • Wetland Scientists also perform Wetland Function and Value Assessments and Reports for:
    land use planning, mitigation projects, site plan approval (if locally required), and wetland restoration projects. They also provide remediation plans and monitoring reports for wetland violations.



2015 Sharon Monahan - All Rights Reserved
Site Succor Design, LLC

Septic System Plans & Perc Tests  |  Wetland & Shoreland Permits  Wetland Restoration Plans  |  Land Records Research

Providing service to the Monadnock Region, Cheshire County, and Hillsborough County
Including Alstead, Amherst, Antrim, Bennington, Deering, Dublin, Fitzwilliam, Francestown, Hancock, Harrisville, Hillsborough, Jaffrey, Keene, Lyndeborough, Marlborough, Milford, Mont Vernon, Nelson, New Ipswich, Peterborough, Richmond, Rindge, Sharon, Stoddard, Sullivan, Temple, Troy, Weare, Wilton, Winchester

Website Hosting and Creation by CharlesWorks